- author: Nina Livelo
Tempur first introduced its patented memory foam technology in 1991, two decades after NASA invented it. Today, they continue to offer the highest quality memory foam mattresses and sleep accessories around the world. Tempur offers four collections of customizable memory foam mattresses, including one hybrid model.
Sizes & Pricing
Tempur offers four collections of mattresses: Tempur Cloud, Tempur Original, Tempur Hybrid, and Tempur Sensation. Each collection is available in ten sizes, and three depths: Supreme (21 cm), Elite (25 cm), and Luxe (30 cm). Mattress prices increase with the depth of the mattress.
Here are the dimensions and starting costs of each mattress size:
- Small Single – A small single mattress measures 75 cm x 200 cm and starts at £1,379.
- Single – A single mattress measures 90 cm x 190 cm and starts at £1,575.
- Long Single – A long single mattress measures 90 cm x 200 cm and starts at £1,575.
- Small Double – A small double mattress measures 120 cm x 190 cm and starts at £2,049.
- Long Small Double – A long small double measures 120 cm x 200 cm and starts at £2,049.
- Double – A double mattress measures 135 cm x 190 cm and starts at £2,149.
- Long Double – A long double mattress measures 135 cm x 200 cm and starts at £2,149.
- King – A king mattress measures 150 cm x 200 cm and starts at £2,499.
- Euro King – A euro king mattress measures 160 cm x 200 cm and starts at £2,599.
- Super King – A super king mattress measures 180 cm x 200 cm and starts at £2,829.
Each purchase of a Tempur mattress comes with a 100-night trial period, free white glove delivery and returns to mainland UK, and a 10-year guarantee. Customers can also choose to finance their Tempur mattress over up to 24 months for 0% APR. This may be an attractive option for customers, as Tempur mattresses are more expensive than other memory foam mattresses.
Tempur mattresses are made in Denmark using patented technology, originally developed by NASA in the 1970s. It features a viscoelastic cell structure that responds to your body’s weight, shape, and temperature to offer personalised comfort and support.
Tempur’s viscoelastic foam is the original model for standard memory foam. Unlike other memory foams, however, Tempur material features an open cell structure that allows heat to escape and facilitates the movement of air so that you don’t overheat.
Tempur mattresses are treated with mild chemical flame retardants and produce an off-gassing effect that may last up to six weeks. These mattresses are not intended to be flipped or rotated and are not washable.
Customers can choose between four mattress collections: Tempur Cloud, Tempur Original, Tempur Hybrid, and Tempur Sensation. Each mattress comes in three different depths and features a unique combination of three basic materials:
- Tempur comfort material – provides Tempur’s famous body-contouring support in soft to firm comfort
- Dynamic support layer – this layer prevents you from over-sinking into the mattress and mimics the sensation of bounce
- Durabase technology – engineered for durability, this layer ensures a long lifespan for your mattress
- 5-7 cm Tempur extra soft material
- 5-9 cm Tempur support material
- 11-14 cm Durabase technology
- 2-5 cm Tempur comfort material
- 8-9 cm Tempur support material
- 11-14 cm Durabase technology
- 3-4 cm Advanced tempur material
- 3-8 cm Dynamic support technology
- 10-20 cm Precision microcoil springs
- 3 cm Durabase technology
- 2-7 cm Tempur comfort material
- 4-8 cm Dynamic support material
- 11-14.5 cm Durabase technology
All Tempur mattress covers are made of 99% polyester and 1 % elastane. They zip-off and can be washed at 60° and hang-dried only. Tempur’s removable mattress covers help to assure that your sleep environment remains fresh, and hygienic.
Firmness, Feel & Support
The four collections of Tempur mattresses each offer the same amount of support but with different levels of firmness. Here are the firmness levels of each mattress:
- Tempur Cloud – Soft
- Tempur Original – Medium
- Tempur Hybrid – Medium Firm
- Tempur Sensation – Firm
Tempur material is thermo-reactive, meaning it responds to your body temperature. It becomes softer in warm areas and firmer in cooler areas. In general, deeper models (Luxe) offer greater sinkage than less deep models (Supreme and Elite).
Also, like other memory foam mattresses, Tempur mattresses may make you sleep hotter. This is because Tempur material relieves pressure, thereby improving circulation, which naturally increases body temperature. To prevent overheating, you may want to pair lightweight bedding with Tempur mattresses.
These high-quality memory foam mattresses are good for all types of sleepers, as they adapt to each sleeper’s individual needs, expertly relieving pressure, and offering a high level of support.
Purchase & Delivery Process
You can purchase a Tempur mattress at one of Tempur’s retail locations or online. When purchasing online, customers choose their preferred mattress collection, size, and depth. During checkout, customers can pay in full or choose an interest-free financing plan.
Each mattress purchase comes with a 100-night trial period, a 10-year warranty, and free white glove delivery and returns to mainland UK. Charges apply for deliveries to the Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Sicily Isles, Scottish Isles, and Northern Ireland. Delivery for standard-sized mattresses takes 14-28 days.
Pros & Cons
- Choose your preferred softness, size, and depth
- Removable and washable covers
- Highly pressure-relieving
- May cause you to sleep hot
- More expensive than standard memory foam mattresses
- Off-gassing can last up to a month-and-a-half
Customers can reach Tempur customer service by phone, post, email, or messaging form. Tempur also provides a host of other helpful online resources, including FAQs about products, purchasing, shipping, and financing, purchasing guides, product care information, and an easy return request form.
Phone SupportCustomer service agents are available by phone Monday to Friday from 10 AM to 4 PM.
Video TutorialsVideo tutorials are available on Tempur UK’s YouTube channel.
FAQThere are two FAQ sections: one for products, purchasing, and shipping, and another for financing questions.
For the best quality memory foam, look no further than Tempur. The first company to offer viscoelastic sleep technology, Tempur remains the most reliable, most durable memory foam on the market. If you do not like the sensation of sinking into your mattress or you are a naturally hot sleeper, this is not the right mattress for you. However, if you do like the cradling feeling of memory foam and want an adaptive, supportive mattress, Tempur could be a good fit for you. It is also a good option if you are searching for a mattress that can help relieve pressure from your body. Those searching for traditional Tempur support and pressure relief, but prefer the feel of innersprings should choose a mattress from the Tempur Hybrid collection.