- author: Nina Livelo
Happy Beds is a UK-based online sleep store offering an expansive range of mattresses, including memory foam, latex, reflex foam, pocket spring, and open coil varieties. They also offer models in five levels of firmness, so you don’t have to settle for a mattress that doesn’t fit your preferences.
Sizes & Pricing
In addition to offering a vast variety of mattress types, Happy Beds also offer their mattresses in a wide range of sizes, including Single, Small Double, Double, King, Super King, EU Single, EU Double, and EU King, as well as Small Single, and Toddler/Cot Size.
Happy Beds mattresses are manufactured in the UK and ship for free to the mainland UK. Express delivery or Saturday delivery is available for an additional fee if preferred. All orders are delivered to your front door on the ground floor unless otherwise specified. Customers who prefer delivery directly to an upper floor flat can choose 2-Man Delivery for a £40 fee.
Unlike most other mattress companies, Happy Beds does not offer a trial period but does offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. In case you would like to return your mattress, you must call customer service to establish a refund amount and a time to pick up your mattress. Happy Beds mattresses also come with a five-year warranty.
Happy Beds offers a total of 110 mattresses of variable price. The prices below reflect the prices for theSignature Crystal 3000 Pocket Sprung Orthopaedic Natural Fillings Mattress:
- UK Small Single – A small single mattress measures 75 cm x 190 cm and costs £229.99
- UK Single – A single mattress measures 90 cm x 190 cm and costs £229
- UK Small Double – A small double mattress measures 120 cm x 190 cm and costs £299
- UK Double – A double mattress measures 135 cm x 190 cm and costs £299
- UK King – A king mattress measure 150 cm x 200 cm and costs £349
- UK Super King – A super king mattress measures 180 cm x 200 cm and costs £389
EU sizes (Single, Double, and King) are also available in certain mattress models sold by Happy Beds.
Compared to other mattress companies, Happy Beds offers an enormous selection of mattresses of all varieties. This variety of choice allows customers to shop by the criteria that matter most, whether it’s mattress type, firmness, or features.
Happy Beds specialises in three types of mattress structures:
- Open Coil Mattresses – the most traditional kind of mattress, complete with interconnected coil springs that move together when pressure is applied.
- Pocket Spring Mattresses – feature individually-wrapped coils that react one-by-one to pressure, limiting motion disturbance and providing more stable support.
- Memory Foam Mattresses – include viscoelastic and heat-responsive foam that moulds to your body’s natural form, encouraging proper spinal alignment.
- Latex Mattresses – a natural alternative to memory foam, latex is similar in feel and support. It is naturally antibacterial and hypoallergenic.
- Reflex Foam Mattresses – these are mattresses that include one or more ultra-supportive foams designed to alleviate back pain.
- Orthopaedic Mattresses – offer firm, encompassing support and is designed for sleepers with chronic pain in their back and joints.
In general, foam mattresses tend to be warmer, while coil and pocket spring mattresses tend to be more breathable. None of the Happy Beds mattresses is 100% organic or sustainable, though some are made with natural materials, including natural latex, lambswool, silk, and cotton.
Some mattresses are also infused with special materials shown to improve sleep, such as aloe vera, amethyst, bamboo, cashmere, lavender, LayGel, and Milk Protein.
Happy Beds mattresses covers are as varied as the mattresses themselves, featuring different kinds of materials and designs.
Mattresses on the lower end of the price scale, such as the Spring Quilted Mattress use traditional materials like nylon and polyester in their covers. Natural materials are more likely to appear in the mattress covers of Happy Beds’ pricier models, such as Impressions Mattress, which is wrapped in a layer of softer, quilted jersey material.
Happy Beds mattress covers come in one of these designs:
- Tufted – this design keeps mattress filling in place and offers a firmer sleep surface.
- Quilted – quilted mattress covers offer a smooth sleep surface, for a softer, comfortable finish.
- Pillow Top – the softest and most luxurious mattress covers on the market, provide extra cushiony comfort.
- Removable – some Happy Beds mattresses come with a removable cover that can be zipped off and dry cleaned.
Firmness, Feel & Support
Happy Beds has a mattress for everyone regardless of preferred firmness. Customers can choose between Soft, Medium-Soft, Medium, Medium-Firm, and Firm. Open coil spring mattresses are the softest options, while mattresses with a large layer of reflex foam are the firmest options.
Foam mattresses are also best for couples, as they absorb the most motion and cause the least disturbance for partners. Open coil spring mattresses, on the other hand, are most likely to accentuate bounce.
Sleepers who experience chronic pain or require greater support of pressure points should choose a Happy Beds mattress that features memory foam, latex, or pocket springs.
Purchase & Delivery Process
Happy Beds mattresses are not available to test in-store and can only be purchased online. Once you’ve chosen a model, you can purchase by card directly on the brand website. During checkout, you will be asked to select a delivery date based on your postcode.
1-Man Shipping to Mainland UK is free. An additional fee may be charged for deliveries to the Shetland Islands, Jersey, Guernsey, Western Isles, Isle of Man, and some parts of Scotland, Isle of Arran & Great Cumbrae, Cornwall, and Truro. 2-Man shipping and weekend deliveries are also charged an additional fee.
Happy Beds offers a five-year warranty but does not offer a trial period for their mattresses. Any returns and refunds must be negotiated with a customer service agent.
Pros & Cons
- A wide variety of mattresses to choose from
- Five firmness levels, from soft to firm
- Much cheaper than other brands on the market
- Coil and foam mattresses offered
- No trial period
- No hybrid mattresses
- Not the best quality in terms of construction
Happy Beds offers a handful of resources to help customers make smart purchases, including multiple purchasing guides, a blog, video tutorials on YouTube, an FAQ, and content published on social media. For more specific concerns, you can also contact customer support by phone or email during business hours: Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM, and Saturdays from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Phone SupportYou can contact a support agent by phone during business hours - Monday to Friday, 9 AM to 5 PM, and Saturdays from 9 AM to 4 PM.
Video TutorialsThe Happy Beds YouTube channel features informative videos of some of their products.
FAQThe FAQ offers helpful information about product specifications and purchasing.
Blog“The Comfort Zone” blog provides insightful information on topics related to sleep.
For budget mattress shoppers, Happy Beds is one of the best options, by far. They offer an extensive variety of mattresses designed to accommodates all kinds of sleepers and an unbeatable price point. The affordability, however, comes at a price— without a trial period, refunds are more difficult to come by, and construction quality may not match that of market competitors. Though Happy Beds has a lot to offer with its 110 mattress models, don’t expect to find anything too cutting edge. These mattresses, varied as they may be, are all on the simpler side, but for many people, especially first-time mattress buyers, the gamble may be worth it.